Casa Muzeelor

FOR ENGLISH SCROLL BELOW

Clădirea din strada Vasile Alecsandri nr. 6 a fost construită în anul 1896 și a avut iniţial proprietari evrei (Joseph Leff, Leon Leff, Sofia Wechsman, N.E. Eisen), fiind apoi cumpărată, în 1914, de Societatea „Viaţa românească”, condusă de Garabet Ibrăileanu şi Mihail Sadoveanu. Între anii 1922-1923 și 1930, aici s-au desfăşurat şedinţele de redacţie ale revistei „Viața românească” (clădirea a purtat denumirea de Palatul Vieții românești).

Clădirea a adăpostit mulți ani singura tipografie a Iașilor, până ce aceasta și-a construit localul din strada Sf. Lazăr (Tipografia Dosoftei). După evacuarea imobilului tipografiei, Palatul a adăpostit, în perioada 1932-1934, diferite expoziții. A fost cumpărată în anul 1934 de Ministerul de Interne și transformată în sediu al Inspectoratului Județean al Jandarmeriei și al Chesturii de Poliție, loc al masacrului miilor de evrei în Pogromul de la Iași din iunie 1941.

După venirea comuniștilor la putere, imobilul a fost dat în administrarea unor diverse societăți de stat (Întreprinderea poligrafică, o unitate de mică industrie, cu strunguri, menghine și alte unelte, alte birouri). După 1989, în clădire au activat felurite societăți comerciale.

Clădirea și-a recăpătat destinația din perioada 1914-1934, aceea de edificiu cultural, sub noua denumire de Casa Muzeelor, unde funcționează 4 noi muzee: Muzeul Pogromului de la Iași, Muzeul Teatrului Evreiesc în România, Muzeul Poezie(i), Muzeul Copilăriei în Comunism. De asemenea, Muzeul Literaturii Române a fost transferat de la Casa Pogor la Casa Muzeelor și a fost reorganizat într-o nouă formulă expozițională.

În Casa Muzeelor funcționează și sediul administrativ al Muzeului Național al Literaturii Române Iași, săli de expoziții, ateliere, educație muzeală, o sală multifuncțională de conferințe, precum și un depozit de patrimoniu și biblioteca muzeului.

House of Museums

The building on Vasile Alecsandri street no.6 was erected in 1896 and initially had Jewish owners (Joseph Leff, Leon Leff, Sofia Wechsman, N.E. Eisen), later being bought in 1914 by “Viața românească” Society, led by Garabet Ibrăileanu and Mihail Sadoveanu. Between 1920 and 1934, it is here where the meetings of the editorial board of “Viața românească” magazine took place (the building was actually known in period as “Viața românească” Palace).

The premises hosted for years the only typography of the city, until a building was built for it on Sf. Lazăr Street (Dosoftei Typography). Following the typographyʼs relocation, the Palace hosted various exhibitions in the period of 1932-1934. The Interior Ministry bought the building in 1934 and repurposed it as the Headquarters of the County Inspectorate of Gendarmerie and Police, a place where thousands of Jews were massacred during the Iași Pogrom of June 1941.

With the acceding of the communists to power, various state companies were in charge with the administration of the building (The polygraphic enterprise, a light industry unit, with lathes, machine vices, other tools and offices). After 1989, various trading companies ran their businesses on these premises.

The buildingʼs cultural purpose from 1914 to 1934 has now been restored under the new title of House of Museums, where 4 new museums are open to the public: The Museum of Iași Pogrom, The Museum of the Jewish Theatre in Romania, The Museum of Poetry, The Museum of Childhood under Communism.

Also the Museum of Romanian Literature was transferred from Pogor House to House of Museums, being reorganized in a new exhibition.

The House of Museums hosts the administrative headquarters of the Iași National Museum of Romanian Literature, as well as various spaces for exhibitions, workshops, museum education activities, a multifunctional conference room, but also a repository of cultural heritage and the museumʼs library.

  • Marţi – Duminică: 10:00-17:00 (16:30 – eliberarea ultimului bilet de intrare); Luni: închis

  • Casa Muzeelor, Strada Vasile Alecsandri nr. 6, 700054, Iași